WEEKLY CLASSES IN BALTIMORE
GENTLE YOGA | TUESDAYS + THURSDAYS 10:30AM
GENTLE YOGA @ YOGAWORKS FELL’S POINT
TUESDAYS + THURSDAYS 10:30-11:30AM
On-going weekly class. Join us anytime. More information can be found here.
SLOW FLOW YOGA | WEDNESDAYS 5:30PM
JOIN US FOR THIS ALL-LEVELS CLASS IN THE CHAPEL OF LIGHT
Work out physical and mental tensions, breathe deeply, and take this hour just for you.
Modifications are offered so that you can adjust your practice based on what you need in each class.
Come try the first class with no obligation. We think you’ll want to come back!
MATS, PROPS, AND EYE PILLOWS PROVIDED.
WEDNESDAYS FROM 5:30-6:30PM
CURRENT SESSION runs until April 18th
GUIDED MEDITATION | THURSDAYS 8:30PM
THURSDAYS 8:30-9:15 PM
YOGAWORKS FELL’S POINT
1807 Thames Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 | 800-336-9642 Ext 12
On-going weekly class. Join us anytime.
More information and sign-up (not required) can be found here.
Discover your unique stress type and get a free, simple therapeutic yoga practice that's just right for you.
MAKE PEACE WITH STRESS WORKSHOP | APRIL 14
Can changing how you think about stress make you healthier? Science says yes.
By changing your mind about stress, you change your body’s physical response and the way you experience stress overall.
Stress is actually a normal human response and necessary for survival. The problem is, if life has you feeling tense, overwhelmed, and anxious, which initiates your stress response and exacerbates these feelings, you’re caught up in a vicious cycle of chronic stress.
In this workshop you’ll:
- reset and retrain your nervous system so that you can get and stay present and calm,
- release common areas of tension in the physical body so that tense muscles aren’t triggering the stress response,
- breathe to invoke the relaxation response which turn off the stress response, and
- learn how to relieve the stress of any moment and reduce your struggle with chronic stress with ease.
Suitable for beginner to advanced practitioners, you’ll leave feeling peaceful and confident in your ability to manage the challenges of life every day.
JOIN ME FOR THE MAKE PEACE WITH STRESS YOGA WORKSHOP AT MAIN STREET YOGA IN ELLICOTT CITY, MD
APRIL 14 / 1-3 PM
$40 / REGISTER HERE
RESET + RESTORE | MAY 13
RESET YOUR STATE OF MIND + RESTORE YOUR SENSE OF BALANCE
Imagine feeling relaxed and comfortable in your own skin. Your mind is calm and clear. Your attitude is happy and truly grateful.
How would it feel to release your inner struggles and recover your connection to yourself?
And what if you could accomplish this in one amazing afternoon?
WELCOME TO THE RESET + RESTORE WORKSHOP
In less than 3 hours, you’ll get the enormous and lasting benefits of therapeutic yoga specifically designed to help you:
- relax all of your muscles and ease built-up mental tension.
- balance your nervous system, still your mind and enhance your mood.
- release your deepest, long-held stress and restore your sense of wholeness.
In your fast-paced world of multitasking, juggling responsibilities, and having too much on your plate, you’re in desperate need of stillness, relaxation, and time for yourself.
(I know because it’s true for most of us!)
The Reset + Restore workshop will trigger and strengthen your relaxation response, is an ideal remedy for the hyper-busyness of modern life, is easy to do, and will leave you feeling incredibly calm and centered.
Like yourself again.
I LOOK FORWARD TO OFFERING YOU THIS GIFT.
JOIN ME FOR THE NEXT RESET + RESTORE YOGA WORKSHOP AT MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
MAY 13 / 1:30-4PM in the Chapel of Light
Mats, props, and eye pillows provided. Just bring yourself. This workshop is suitable for most.
$45 / WORKSHOP LIMITED TO 10 PARTICIPANTS AND PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE
OR SEE IF THE BARTER SPOT IS AVAILABLE:
Can you arrive at Mercy at 12:45 and help me set-up? And then stick around for a bit afterward to help me clean-up? It’s not hard but I’d love to trade help! Let me know how a reset + restore will help you and I’ll send you a confirmation of your spot. THANK YOU!
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO WORKS WITH ME
Stress Solutions Lunch & Learn
Are you an employer who wants to improve the wellbeing and resilience of your workforce?
This simple + effective Lunch & Learn session is for you.
In just 75-minutes, participants will:
- Understand their stress response and it’s purpose as a trigger for action,
- Discover a simple 3-step method for learning to respond adaptively to adversity and thrive,
- Learn 7 simple, stress-reducing practices that can be used at work, anytime with ease.
* Includes all time and materials. Does not include travel expenses.
Interested in hosting a Stress Solutions Lunch & Learn at your office?
Make Peace with Stress at Work
MAKE PEACE WITH STRESS at YOUR OFFICE
Data show that work-related stress costs U.S. businesses $300 billion a year, but experts say many of these health problems can be corrected if companies adopt a much more significant role creating a “culture of health” in the workplace.
To combat the stress epidemic, businesses and schools alike will need to start teaching stress reduction skills such as yoga, mindfulness and meditation—skills that are proven to reduce anxiety and stress and increase focus and resiliency (Harvard Health Publications).
This means yoga, mindfulness, and meditation training will need to be included in leadership programs and executive coaching, as well as be part of team meetings, incorporated into value systems, and taught to employees at all levels.
Make Peace with Stress (MPWS) is a group yoga therapy program that teaches a simple, 3-step method for managing the stress response and making conscious choices about how to respond rather than being reactive.
MPWS at your office will improve employee wellness by:
- Being led in person by an engaging, relatable and compassionate teacher. For more than a decade, I have led group yoga classes, individual and group yoga therapy programs, as well as many other workshops and trainings in many settings. MPWS participants will benefit from my engaging and practical teaching style as well as a personal connection and inclusivity.
- Creating a group support structure that provides encouragement and accountability. Group yoga therapy is more effective for stress management than individual work or weekly group yoga classes because of the camaraderie, support, and accountability that can be present in groups. In addition to my engagement throughout the program, there will be an organized process for small groups within the program to support and encourage each other.
- Offering a concise and practical stress management method that can be used immediately. The MPWS method is 3-steps and participants will be prepared to begin using it after the first session.
- Focusing on a few key topics to build stress management core competencies. After completing the MPWS program, participants will appreciate stress as an opportunity to learn and grow and have an integrative practice for making this happen.
- Including an appealing workbook/journal and doable, structured timeline. Participants in the MPWS program will receive a workbook/journal they’ll want to use. This will not only encourage engagement and exploration but be a tangible way to track and document their work. Studies show this can increase the chances of achieving stress management goals by up to 42%. In addition, the completed workbook/journal will be a continuous reference.
* Includes all time and materials to host Make Peace with Stress at your office in five 90-minute sessions for up to 25 people. Does not include travel expenses.
Interested in hosting Make Peace with Stress at your office?