IMPROVE THE WELLBEING + RESILIENCE OF YOUR WORKFORCE WITH SIMPLE, EFFECTIVE + ENGAGING STRESS REDUCTION TRAINING
Data show that work-related stress costs U.S. businesses $300 billion a year, but experts say many of these health problems can be corrected if companies adopt a much more significant role creating a culture of health in the workplace.
To combat the stress epidemic, businesses, hospitals, and schools alike will need to start teaching stress reduction skills such as yoga, mindfulness, and meditation—skills that are proven to reduce anxiety and stress and increase focus and resiliency (Harvard Health Publications).
This means yoga, mindfulness, and meditation training will need to be included in leadership programs and executive coaching, as well as be part of team meetings, incorporated into value systems, and taught to employees at all levels.
My approach to therapeutic yoga that can be integrated into daily work routines is a simple and highly effective way to bring stress reduction training to your workplace, retreat, or conference. Here are a few standard offerings, but I can also customize a program for your unique environment.
STRESS SOLUTIONS LUNCH & LEARN
Are you an employer who wants to improve the wellbeing and resilience of your workforce? This simple + effective Lunch & Learn session is for you.
In just 75-minutes, participants will:
- Understand their stress response and it’s purpose as a trigger for action,
- Discover a simple 3-step method for learning to respond adaptively to adversity and thrive,
- Learn 7 simple, stress-reducing practices that can be used at work, anytime with ease.
* Includes all time and materials. Does not include travel expenses.
THE ART OF CARING | YOGA THERAPY FOR CAREGIVERS
Today’s healthcare environment can be turbulent and stressful for caregivers. Stress negatively affects the caring relationship and healing environment and is a major contributor to illness and burnout. Yoga therapy offers simple and potent practices that caregivers can use to reset and restore themselves as well support the healing relationship they form with those they serve.
The Art of Caring is a practical training in yoga therapy for stress that teachers caregivers yoga-based techniques to reduce their own stress as well as enhance their caring of others.
- Learn about and reflect on the effects of stress on their own wellness and in their role as caregiver,
- Understand their experience of chronic stress and how to discuss stress with their patients,
- Learn simple, stress-reducing therapeutic practices that can be integrated into personal and professional life with ease.
* Includes all time and materials to host The Art of Caring at your facility as a 1-day session for up to 25 people. Does not include travel expenses.
MAKE PEACE WITH STRESS@WORK
Make Peace with Stress@Work (MPWS@WORK) is a group yoga therapy program that teaches a simple, 3-step method for managing the stress response and making conscious choices about how to respond rather than being reactive.
MPWS@WORK at your office will improve employee wellness by:
- Being led in person by an engaging, relatable and compassionate teacher. For more than a decade, I have led group yoga classes, individual and group yoga therapy programs, as well as many other workshops and training in many settings. MPWS@WORK participants will benefit from my engaging and practical teaching style as well as a personal connection and inclusivity.
- Creating a group support structure that provides encouragement and accountability. Group yoga therapy is more effective for stress management than individual work or weekly group yoga classes because of the camaraderie, support, and accountability that can be present in groups. In addition to my engagement throughout the program, there will be an organized process for small groups within the program to support and encourage each other.
- Offering a concise and practical stress management method that can be used immediately. The MPWS@WORK method is 3-steps and participants will be prepared to begin using it after the first session.
- Focusing on a few key topics to build stress management core competencies. After completing the MPWS@WORK program, participants will appreciate stress as an opportunity to learn and grow and have an integrative practice for making this happen.
- Including an appealing workbook/journal and doable, structured timeline. Participants in the MPWS@WORK program will receive a workbook/journal they’ll want to use. This will not only encourage engagement and exploration but be a tangible way to track and document their work. Studies show this can increase the chances of achieving stress management goals by up to 42%. In addition, the completed workbook/journal will be a continuous reference.
* Includes all time and materials to host MPWS@WORK at your office in five 90-minute sessions for up to 25 people. Does not include travel expenses.